Along with emergency evacuations, HEET has set up a registration program to pre-register animals. In the event of a disaster, this helps HEET know what animals are in the area and helps expedite evacuation of all animals. Please note that registering your animals does not guarantee we will evacuate them. It is always up to the officials in charge of each incident as to whether or not we can enter the affected areas to evacuate any animals.
Why should I register my horses with HEET?
The on-site visit from the HEET registration manager will provide us with valuable information that will help us in an emergency. We will also notify you of potential hazards that may require mitigation for your safety, the safety of our team, and any other first responders. Additionally, the following information is extremely important:
- Driveway layout and any road hazards. This will allow us to plan in advance what type of rigs can access your property, avoiding surprises.
- Locate any hazards such as propane tanks that we will need to avoid
- Some rural properties are difficult to locate and are poorly marked. If we can identify relevant landmarks ahead of time, the less time will be wasted.
- Show us where the animals will most likely be located–in a barn, in a pasture, or in paddocks.
- Have an emergency contact list available with your information, an alternate contact, animal dietary needs, and preferred veterinarian.
- and much more! We all benefit from Horse Registration
To register, download the Registration Form below and fill it out on your computer. Send the completed to the address on the form. Instructions for the form are also provided if you have any questions. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.